Become a Friend of GNOME
Posted by : bloodychaos Sunday, January 25, 2015



Guess what!? Time for another deck profile! With Vanguard EB11 out back in November, I've played against many other Revenger decks and I was surprised that many players in my area plays only two kinds - Mordred/Abyss and Raging/Abyss. These decks are strong, but somehow, I find that they are all the same. I reckon that they are from the same recipes from one of the top Japanese Vanguard decks.

When I have friendly matches with other Revenger players, I received lots of 'WTF?', 'How in the world?' and even 'He definitely stacking and cheating!'. Well, the cheating part, technically is not really cheating. Stacking part is a...probably. In lots of my matches using Revenger, I tend to get 4 triggers with both of my twin drives. Of course this will make others think I cheat, but let's be honest here, winning by cheating is not fun. And no, I'm not here to teach you how cheat but I will introduce my Revenger deck that excels extremely well at deck thinning.

Grade 0: 18 units

Grade 1: 13 units

Grade 2: 11 units

Grade 3: 8 units
Looks simple right? Actually not quite. I've loaned this deck to many other players but some how...they kept on playing the deck wrongly and says it's a bad deck and theirs are better. Well, maybe they're right, but maybe, they just have no idea how the deck truly works.

Grade 0 trigger line up is pretty much the same is most Revenger decks. The only difference would be the starter and that lone Judgebau. Most Revenger deck will use Judgebau as their starters, even when they're using Raging/Abyss. For the love of god, I can't understand why they'd run 2 Judgebaus when one of ther Vanguards doesn't even have Phantom in the name. Anyways, Goat is my best starter since I can fish out a G3. For those who follow my blog would understand that I tend to get grade lock quite easily.

There's very little Grade 1 units. The obvious choice of Dorint is for unflipping my CBs with Blaster Dark. Mac Lir for nulls. I'm not a believer of Quintet walls and it doesn't actually work that great with Revengers. But that's my opinion. Masquerade is your 10k attacker but if there's a LB4 unlocker revenger, I'd replace Masquerade for him. Last but not least, the lone Trumpeter. Trumpeter is there, to fish out Judgebau.

I have an odd choice for Grade 2s. I play both kinds of Blaster Dark Revengers. BDR is just there to unflip the damage zone. Unless you have plenty of CBs to use, you don't need to use him to retire your opponent's front row. Most players that borrowed the deck tend to use his skill instead of just unflipping. This misplay cost them the match especially when they don't have enough CBs to spare. BDRA is your obvious Legion Mate. His skill snipes the back row but I rarely use it unless needed to, like the opponent's Judgebau if any. Mana is the key card of the deck that thins out the deck like crazy. Here's a tip, call Mana in the RC, use her skill to call up Trumpeter, use Trumpeter and call up Judgebau, key point: place him behind your vanguard!! Not so hard right? Next turn, use Judgebau to boost your Phantom vanguard - at this point, some opponent will let it pass, some will guard for dear life. If it passes, grab a that Trumpter that was returned with Mana's skill and put her behind your Vanguard and a Dorint on another empty RC on the back. With that, you just thinned out your deck of 3 non trigger units. This single combo is actually what helped me thin the deck early game as well have some field presence to prepare for Blaster Abyss Legion skill.

Grade 3 is quite simple. You simply have to ride Mordred first, break ride to Phantom Abyss, thin out the deck even further by calling out another. What to call out depends on the field. If you need another CB for Phantom Abyss, call out a Blaster Dark Revenger infront of Dorint and unflip. If you need some field, call out Mana and use her to call out another G1. Legion your trigger and and extract out another non trigger unit, Blaster Dark Revenger Abyss, from the deck. You should be able to see why the triggers stack so much. After your break ride, your chances of finishing the game is quite high as Phantom Abyss hits for 32k unboosted. You attack with a rearguard first, the one just just requires 3 to 10k guard, followed by a break ridden boosted Phantom Abyss that swings for 39k, give all triggers you get onto your rearguard (best would be the Blaster Dark Revenger you called out with Mordred which is already 21k boosted), CB2 retire your rested rearguards, attack with Phantom Abyss again for 32k and give all your triggers to the your RG. If your opponent doesn't have enough hand to guard all that, it's game over. If you checked 4 triggers. your opponent would need 10k(RG)+35k(Abyss)+30k(Abyss)+35k(RG)=110k worth of hand to guard everything if he does not have any nulls. Even with no triggers, he'll need 90k worth of guard and in the event he managed to hang on to dear life and survived, his chances of winning is quite slim unless he manages a come back.

I've been using Revengers since February last year and throughout my experience, I noticed that Revengers are extremely good at consistent deck thinning. Sadly, some players that I've played against only see them as a restanding deck and not the former. I find that the current support for Revengers can utilize both deck thinning and restanding for high trigger count and attack power when utilized correctly. Try it out, you'd be surprise by how a single combo can do a huge difference in striking those triggers.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © 2013 Stand and Draw: Card game rants and experiences - Shiroi - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -